My Dad Rocks - Interview London Show

Interview - Peter Cincotti

Special show tomorrow night (Nov 27th) 
at Bush Hall, London


It's a fantastic slice of alt-pop goodness that blew the higher profile Daniel Powter album - out around the same time - out of the water. Now, Cincotti is in London for a special one off show at Bush Hall and we sat down with him to have a chat about the show and the LP.

MDR: So, are you looking forward to the show tomorrow night?
PC: I am, very much so. It's been a while since I played in London so I'm happy to be back

MDR:Do you have much experience with UK audiences? What do you think of us?!
PC: I have some experience here, not so much as I have with the rest of Europe, but I've played around London in various venues. So far, the audiences have been great. Hopefully next year we'll be back to do some more spring dates and I'll be able to give you a better answer on that. But so far the reaction's been great.

MDR: The album 'Metropolis' was a really strong alt-pop album, of our top releases of the year on MyDadRocks. Did the writing come from a particular source of inspiration or from different places?
PC: It came from lots of different places. I'd say i was writing all kinds of stuff until I wrote the song 'Metropolis', and once I wrote that song I began to write towards that theme, or whatever I thought the theme was for that song. Then that's pretty much how the album took shape.

MDR: What's your songwriting process generally? What do you start with?
PC: You know? It's changed quite a bit. 'Metropolis' started with a photo, an old black and white drawing of these skyscrapers, kind of presented in a strange way. And that's pretty much how I started seeing that song. But every song i start differently, sometimes I get a musical idea first, a lot of times the title comes to me first or the lyric. So it depends on the song but it's been both for this record.

MDR: Any plans for a follow up?
PC: Ah, I'm always writing! I don't know when I'll be making my next record right now, it will be sometime next year. We wanna do a full tour like I said in the Spring for this album but I'm always writing and we'll see what happens. I'll love to get back in the studio, yeah, I always love recording you know? But before that I wanna tour.



Source: 


PC_Italian Website




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento